June 1998

Margaret C. Loos


by Joseph H. RADDER

loos.jpg (9457 bytes)


Margaret C. Loos has devoted her entire adult life to the American Red Cross. She began her relationship with the Buffalo Chapter in 1935 and in her honor the library of the organization’s headquarters will be known as the Loos Library. During World War II, some of the most active days in the Chapter’s history, Margaret was instrumental in developing and supervising important programs such as the Motor Corps, Gray Ladies and Service to Military Families.

Although she retired in 1972 Margaret has continued her service as a volunteer—and while she has given her fair share of time as a former member of the Zonta Club and as a United Way and Campfire Girls volunteer—her number one focus continues to be the Greater Buffalo Chapter of the American Red Cross.

Joseph H. Radder is a freelance writer.

 

Back to Home Page